Real hunting with eagles in Western Mongolia
Arrive in Ulaanbaatar.
Fly from UB to Olgii. Drive out of Olgii to Altay south west of Olgii, 120kms. Arrive at Mr Ardak’s house ( eagle falconer). Attend the Nomadic Welcome ceremony called Five Finger’s feast. Overnight in his wooden house.
Ride on horses and go to mountains to start doing the REAL Hunting activity. Have your lifetime real authentic nomadic experience for the next couple of days. Overnight.
Do full day of Real hunting with eagles. In the morning and go to Ice fishing in the afternoon and Overnight again.
We will do the same activity again on this day but go to different snow capped mountain by Chinese border. Experience their daily life and feeding of their eagle and training of their eagles. Overnight in wooden house again.
We will drive back to Olgii and overnight in hotel.
Fly out of Olgii to Ulaanbaatar.
End of the trip with us.
This is Western Mongolian Package trip including all below;
- Domestic return tickets between Ulaanbaatar and Olgii.
- English speaking guide(s)
- Cooking team
- Landcruisers and Vans and relevant logistics costs
- Horses and eagle hunters’ fees
- wranglers and assistants
- All meals and drinks in Western Mongolia.
- National Park taxes and border area permits.
- Hotel in Olgii for 1 night.
- All airport transfers in Olgii.
- All accommodations during the trip in Western Mongolia.
Per person fee: 1350 USD.
Everything in Ulaanbaatar.
Groups Size: 2-12
Tour Dates and bookings:
Booking can be done at any time before 20 days the tour starts between mid October to mid March every year.
Some recommendations: Weather in Mongolia in summer is not very stable, sometimes it can be as cold as –degrees at nights on the mountains sometimes very hot. So It is always better to pack for the worst.
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs.
- backpack or soft bag / dowel bag for luggage
- day pack
- head lamp/flashlight
- spare batteries/bulb
- personal medications
- hiking boots waterproof and horse riding boots
- hood with waterproof jacket
- waterproof overpants
- fleece jacket or wool jumper
- cotton t-shirts
- long sleeve shirts
- lightweight trousers
- warm hat
- long underwear
- sun hat
- sun glasses
- sun cream
- resealing (ziploc) plastic bags
- binoculars/camera ( unless otherwise)
- Wet and dry tissues ( can be bought in Olgii)
Meals: Our cook will prepare the meals mix of Western and Mongolian. We can also cater for vegetarians, vegans and gluten free upon request. There will be enough vegetables, fruits during our trips.